MMHC is proud to be a partner agency of the United Way of Eastern Maine!
Phone: 207-941-2998 or 1-800-834-7150
Address: 150 Union Street. Bangor. ME. 04401
Program Manager: Mary Sharkus
Administrative Assistant: Nicole Nadeau
- Application to Apply and Application for reimbursements are available to print at the bottom of the screen. Please fax completed applications to 207-941-2996
Community Connections supports the individual in gaining independence and improved quality of life through transitional recreational opportunities in the community.
Community Connections is a program of Maine Mental Health Connections, funded by the Maine Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) as well as community donations. You must be over 18 years of age and have one mental health diagnosis to become a member of Community Connections.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a mental health diagnosis
- Must have application signed by licensed medical provider
- Resident of Maine
Information on events, Leisure Planning and Support, Transportation Assistance, Discounts to movies, museums, concerts, enrichment classes,sporting events, etc., Provide Outreach, Education, and Recruitment to volunteers and members, Obtain Local Support through Fundraising, Discounts, and Donations, Assist members to meet their Recreational needs Independent of subsidy.
Becoming a Member:
Complete the Application Form,(link provided on CC home page), have the application signed by a medical mental health service provider, and send it To Community Connections.
Resources Now Available:
TO ALL COMMUNITY CONNECTION MEMBERS, CC HAS THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES AVAILABLE:
- MOVIE TICKETS
- BUS TICKETS (Bangor, Lewiston, Portland)
- THEATER OR CONCERTS- CC WILL REIMBURSE UP TO $10.00.
- YMCA-CC WILL REIMBURSE $10.00 TOWARDS THE MEMBERSHIP EVERY 3 MONTHS AS FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE.
- GYM- CC WILL REIMBURSE $10.00 TOWARDS MEMBERSHIP AS FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE.
- ADULT CLASSES- CALL CC AND CHECK IF WE CAN HELP WITH REIMBURSEMENT WITH THE CLASS.
- STATE PARK PASSES ARE STILL AVAILABLE.
- BLACKKBEARDS- MINI GOLF/ GO-CARTS -FALL HOURS FRI- SAT- SUN
- SKI & SNOW TUBING (seasonal)
Final Rehersals at Penobscot Theatre Co. are often open to the public at a "PAY WHAT YOU CAN" cost under the Directors discretion. Contact the box office for details 207-942-3333
PLEASE REMEMBER AS ALWAYS WE WILL REIMBURSE UP TO $10.00 TOWARDS ACTIVITY THAT IS APPROVED BY CC. IF YOU SHOULD HAVE A QUESTION ON WHAT IS COVERED PLEASE CALL DIANE OR MARY @ 207 941-2998 or toll free 1-800-834-7150.
Many Other Resources Available; Contact Statewide Office @ 1-800-834-7150
Community Connections Sites:
A Community Connections site provides members with information and resources at a local level. CC would like to thank all of the volunteer site contacts who give their time to the program.
PO Box 992
66 State Street
Portland, ME 04104
Contact: Jane Wright &Hanna Sturtevant Dir
Fax: 207 773-2087
AMHC Social Club:
43 Hatch Dr
Po Box 1018
Caribou, ME 04736
Contact: Crystal MacDougal Mgr
* Indicates Link Site, Link sites are not official sites but access to CC resources are available
100 Pine Street Social Center
PO Box 1319
Lewiston, ME 04240
Contact: Bobby Jean Banton Mgr
Fax: 207 795-6714
Waterville Social Club:
PO Box 229
32 Ticonic Street
Waterville, ME 04901
Contact: Gary Stevens Mgr
Fax: 207 861-7099
PO Box 229
285 State Street
Augusta, ME 04332
Contact: Troy Henderson Mgr & John Painter Dir
Phone: 207-626-2817 or 207-242-2061
Fax: 207 626-3469
P.O. Box 264
Livermore Falls 04254
Contact: Cindy Hebert Mgr
Phone: 207 897-1010
Statewide CC Office:
150 Union Street
Bangor, ME 04401
Contact: Mary Sharkus - Program Manager
Diane Langley-Administration Asst
Phone: 207- 941-2998
Fax: 207 - 941-2996
Email: Mary@ mmhc.us